Thursday 31 January 2008

KARELA VADA



Bitter gourd :) KARELA people can run miles in a minute if u make them eat this. This bitter but yum vegetable has won my heart:)
The max I would have eaten this veggie was soon after I delivered... karela;s made by my mom soaked in ghee. Well that was a different recipe which ill share soon.
This recipe is my mom's actually, my mom’s mom's :) means my nani;s :)I would love to try karela in every possible way, salads, veggies, starters, munch snack :)
The best part is my husband who could never in his wildest dreams think of eating karela absolutely LOVES it now:)
If u are another fan of karela do give KARELA VADA a try:)


KARELA VADA

2-3 Bitter gourds’ (karela, Goya in Japanese)
3 boiled potatoes
1 tbs chopped garlic
1 tbs chopped ginger
1tbs chopped g.chili
1tsp cumin
1tsp mustard seeds.
1tsp hing
All dry masala's
Oil
Ghee

First Peel the bitter gourd and remove all the flesh. Cut them into long pieces and slit them. Fry them until golden brown and keep aside.

Next boil the potatoes, peel and mash them. In a pan add oil hing, mustard, cumin, garlic, ginger, g.chili and saute well. Then add boiled potatoes and all the dry masala's like red chili, turmeric, coriander pwd, garam masala. And then saute well untill masala is coated well. last add fresh corriander and some lemon juice.

Next fill this mixture into the fried bitter gourd. In a non-stick pan add little ghee and slowly put the stuffed bitter gourd in it and let it cook on low heat for 10-15 min. If you feel that the veggie is sticking to the pan add little water to it and let it cook.
Keep turning sides to cook evenly :)



No comments:

Post a Comment